Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Phalaris arundinacea DMT

bojanbojan

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mai 2020
Hello everyone, good people, I am new to this site ,,, can someone tell me something more about getting DMT out of
Phalaris arundinacea (red grass).

I have been seeing this grass in my yard for years, I thought it was a flower, since I was cleaning the yard I tried to remove this plant, I plucked it from the ground but it would grow back, it is almost indestructible, so I would like to put it in a good way

I ask everyone who knows a little more about it to explain me what to do ... Thank you in advance to all well-meaning people

snap2

Psychopstick
Inscrit
6 Mai 2015
Hi!
It's very hazardous to extract the DMT from phalaris species since they contain gramine which is also an alkaloid like DMT but it's pretty toxic. Both will be present in the final product no matter if you use a STB or an A/B extraction. If you have a lot of chemical knowledge you could try to separate the two compounds (with a distillation for example), but I would strongly disapprove doing this if you don't have professional equipment and a way to be sure that there's no trace of gramine after your purification.

bojanbojan

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mai 2020
Thank you for the answer ... if I understood correctly, since I extract that "juice", I would have to further extract the poison from DMT in the process of distillation, something like when you make brandy. I'm not a chemist, but it's very popular with us that people make soy brandy, literally in every village people have Brandy kettles, so I'm familiar with that process.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/b1/e4/c7b1e4c411299b9a7c0b1668a3c267ae.jpg

Is it possible something like this with this equipment in the picture

snap2

Psychopstick
Inscrit
6 Mai 2015
That's really different, the poison will be in a crystalline form, mixed with the DMT crystals. A basic copper distillation setup will not be enough to eliminate all the gramine (poison) from your crystals. That's why I strongly discourage you to try doing so. I'm studying organic chemistry and I personally wouldn't try this, it's far less documented and less previsible than a basic methanol/ethanol separation. Or maybe with a lot of laboraty stuff, especially a glass distillator and an analysis method such as HPLC, GC-MS or at least chromatography.
Anyway, if you neither have laboratory equipment or organic and analytical chemistry knowledge, that's a pretty bad idea. Gramine is a powerful neurotoxin, you can use other DMT-containing plants like acacias confusa or mimosa hostilis that don't have any gramine and thus are way safer. They are pretty cheap too.