Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Naphtha Alternative

Druid

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2009
So I live in Canada and cannot get Naphtha here i've read people using Coleman brand (Fuel for camping stoves) also have read that it's not the greatest to use as it leaves other chemicals behind that you don't want to be smoking.

I have looked at many different teks and have found some fairly easy to follow teks with less labor and great yields but all involve Naphtha. In the future I will attempt some of the other teks but as this is my first extraction I want to keep it simple. (i've settled with this tek http://www.dmttrip.com/Testimonials.html what could i use as a alternative for Naphtha)

If anyone could answer my question and offer me any type of useful advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
you could pick the molecules out by hand..

well ... you want cyclohexane? Naptha? I got mine from a "boat repair" magazine...my naptha anyways.

But if you could find some kind of pure ..... hmmm you just need a non-polar molecule with a low boiling temp. idk.

You could try some kind of pentane? I think pentane is close to room temperature boiling? ... or hexane? septane? look up boiling temps you want something around 40C° or above. but one of the carbon chains..

no guarantee this is just off chem 2 knowledge :)

If you could get hexane this would work... let the fumes go outside though or your house will blow up :wink:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I live in Canada and can obtain naptha. Go to Canadian Tire or home hardware and ask about it.

peace & love

Druid

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2009
user_1919 a dit:
I live in Canada and can obtain naphtha. Go to Canadian Tire or home hardware and ask about it.

What brand are you using? Are you using something that just contains naphtha or is it 100%?

Thanks

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Druid a dit:
user_1919 a dit:
I live in Canada and can obtain naphtha. Go to Canadian Tire or home hardware and ask about it.

What brand are you using? Are you using something that just contains naphtha or is it 100%?

Thanks

you can get the pro-grade stuff I'm sure. 95%+.
in us it's like A&P Naptha or N&P Naptha or something.
Goodluck, and watch out those naptha fumes = pretty bad ( I actually don't think they are that bad but whatever)

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
This is the stuff I use. Maybe you couldn't find it because it doesn't say naptha directly in big letters, but none the less the stuff works and can be found at any hardware store. By the way, I seen that you lived in Canada. Where about's if you don't mind me asking.

peace & love

Druid

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2009
That's great man i thank you, so how has your product turned out after using the ronsonol? So you think it would be fine to use it with the above tek posted that im using. Do you know if they sell ronsonol in bigger containers other then the 341ml?

I live in Edmonton how about yourself?
Thanks so much for helping out a fellow canuck.

Thanks IJesusChrist you've been helpful also.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Druid a dit:
I live in Edmonton how about yourself?

Been quite a while since I've been up that way! What I miss the most is being close to the rockies..

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I am out in Vancouver. And it turned out okay. The only problem is I forgot to defat. And I am not sure if they carry it in bigger bottles. That should be more than enough unless you are planning to extract a massive amount.

peace & love

Druid

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Jan 2009
Hey user, i will be going through with my extraction soon and once again want to thank you for your help. The final questions for you is since you did not defat the product how was it affected were you not able to break through to hyperspace, or is it more the purity of the spice was affected? is the process of defating very necessary or will you get the same affect from smoking a non defated product?

Thanks

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
You need to defat. I had such an impure product that I could not get enough in my system to break through. I had some cool visuals, but I ended up needing like 5 hits of the vapor and by that time it has been about 5 or 6 minutes~way to long! For sure defat. It affects purity a lot, well for me at least. Good luck! Please be careful with your product as it is very powerful. Don't go giving it to people who don't know what they are doing.

peace & love

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
I disagree that defat is necessary

with freeze precipitation instead of evaporation, the crystals come clean. If one does an easy sodium carbonate wash and/or recrystalization, it comes out for sure pure white and with absolutely no caustic soda.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Never heard of this. Can you elaborate a little if you don't mind?

peace & love

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
user_1919 a dit:
Never heard of this. Can you elaborate a little if you don't mind?

peace & love

what did you never hear about/ recrystalization, freeze precipitation or sodium carbonate wash?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have heard of recrystalization but not the other two. I mean do you still do everything the same in the extraction? Dissolve in HCL, filter, repeat, then work the NaOH and Naptha and once you have your DMT dissolved in the naptha do you put it in the freezer? I am very interested in your method to achieve a very pure product.

peace & love

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
user... i already told you the best way to make freebase dmt....

it is VERY simple and you get a very pure product within 24 hours. (pure crystals)

all the materials you need are:
white Vinegar
Lye (sodium Hydroxide)
Ronsonol/Zippo lighter fluid
Pickle jar
Glass baking pan
Mimosa Hostilis Root bark

cook the mimosa in a 3:1 ratio of water to vinegar (just below a boil) for 2-3 hours, then strain, recook same material, and repeat. put the end product of liquid into the pickle jar. add 4-5 tbs of Lye into the pickle jar, and lightly stir or swirl until all the lye is dissolved. while the jar is still warm, put a full bottle of ronsonol into the pickle jar, and mix up softly. (if you shake the jar, it could take weeks to fully clear the 2 layers)

once you see a bottom and a top layer(the top layer being naptha(lighter fluid)) you then take a turkey baster and suck all the lighter fluid out. dry out the lighter fluid on a glass baking pan, and BAM! pure dmt crystals.

and yes, i got pure dmt crystals without defatting... (approximatly 1.3grams from 120G of mimosa hostilis (over 1% of the original product)

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Coleman fuel = naphta = petroleum-ether = zippo fuel

coleman fuel is clean and cheaper then zippo fuel.

I think most non-polair solvents can work as alternative

hexane, cyclohexane,,,,xylene, toluene, dichloromethane and chloroform

but pet-ether is pretty selective for nn-dmt so it good for getting a pure product. but others will work too, you should do a cleaning step or/and recrystallisation anyway.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Jahvisions a dit:
Coleman fuel = naphta = petroleum-ether = zippo fuel

coleman fuel is clean and cheaper then zippo fuel.

I think most non-polair solvents can work as alternative

hexane, cyclohexane,,,,xylene, toluene, dichloromethane and chloroform

but pet-ether is pretty selective for nn-dmt so it good for getting a pure product. but others will work too, you should do a cleaning step or/and recrystallisation anyway.

Correct. Except xylene and toluene will rape you're body and lungs so don't work with these, ... same with chloroform.

Cyclohexane is fine but it's boiling temp = ? Hexane and heptane, and even pentane are good - pentane has the lowest boiling point.

If you get your hands on hexane go for it, just keep it near a vented window - all of these are very flammable.