Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Arena Ethnobotanicals

Terratic

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2013
Kratom Extract | Where to Buy Kratom Extracts

A week ago, I purchased some Salvia Extract from them. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed.

Positive:

- Fast shipping.

- Packaging was very discreet.

- The format of their website is clean and professional-looking.

- Their extract contains less excess wax/tar than most vendors. This is good, as the weight of the product (e.g., 2 grams) isn't increased by inert plant matter, so it's much healthier for you.

- Live Support was very helpful.

Negative:

- False advertisement of the terpenoid (salvinorin A) content of their extract. On the off chance that the potency of their leaves is 4mg/g—even though Mexican plants can be very potent (occasionally containing 5+mg/g)—their extraction method is not standardized, as they claim it to be. They do purify their extract, but not to the point where they'd be able to determine a specific amount of salvinorin A.

Their reasoning is this: "When speaking of different salvia strengths, the mg content of the salvinorin-A is really the most important. Each gram of raw salvia leaf has the average content of 4mgs of Salvinorin-A. Now with a 5x salvia extract, we've taken 5 grams of raw leaf, extracted the salvinorin-A out of the 5 grams, and put it into 1 gram, which makes now 1g of 5x, or 5 times as strong as a regular gram of salvia leaf. So now this 5x salvia extract has the equivalent of 20mgs of Salvinorin-A (4mgs X 5)."

Some of the terpenoid content is lost during the extraction process, so this assessment is not accurate.

- They accidentally (or purposefully) sent me 50x instead of the 35x I ordered. According to them, this should contain 200mg of salvinorin A. If it were true, that would be extremely daunting! :Oo: I cannot see any crystalline powder in there, as I would with a real standardized extract of that strength.

- Out of all the e-mails I sent them, only one was answered... the rest were ignored. Judging by the scant reviews of this vendor, it seems to be a common issue.

- The packaging of the extract is what irritated me the most. The site shows it being sealed in acrylic vials, but it came in a small zip-lock bag. Not only that, but the labels read "organic salavia divinorum"... They misspelled the word 'Salvia', and labelled one of the bags as "1g" and another as "1oz"... They both held 1 gram.

Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes, right?

One study showed that most "standardized" salvia being sold on the net is NOT actually standardized. Also, the salvinorin A content is almost never what it's advertised as being (http://www.sagewisdom.org/wolowichetal.pdf). The products from this vendor (Arena EB) serve as being a good example.

Disclaimer from their site: "All information is supplied for educational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be factually correct."

Indeed.

From now on, I'm definitely making my own extract.